Monday, December 14, 2009

Boston Marathon Training Begins

Let it start.  Today is the first official day of Boston Marathon Training.  I am reading a book called "Advanced Marathoning" by Pete Pfitzinger and Scott Douglas.  This book has a training plan where I plan on following.  The plan I have selected is 70 to 85 miles per week; 18 week schedule. 

I ran 65 miles this past week.  I think I am ready to start at 65 miles.  This program is intense!  I will also be adding core stretches, a flexibility program and strength training.  YIKES...I am giving everything I got into this race.

2 comments:

KodaFit said...

Good Luck!!

I've been struggling to get my weekly mileage over 10, but part of that is a rather rocky relationship with the treadmill!

Brent Buckner said...

Big mileage!

I have an edition of the Pfitz book and quite like it.