Thursday, August 13, 2009

Running in Odd Places

My family and I went to Portland, OR for a wedding last week. I brought along my running shoes. I have found joy in running in new and strange places. Where have I run?


Portland, OR
Kansas
Washington, DC
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Orland, FL
South Carolina
Tucson, AZ
Alamosa, CO



I am sure there are other states and places I have run. I feel very blessed to have such a great opportunity to run in different locations. I also must be dedicated because many of these locations I have set the alarm for 5am. I started bringing my head lamp just in case.

I have a couple events coming up. I am signing up to do the Boulder Half-Marathon. I am also joining a team to finish the 24 hours of triathlon event. These events will be on back to back weekends. Should be very interesting...I have listed my most recent stats. I need to start swimming and cycling more...

(I love this picture of Ariel and I smelling the roses in Portland, OR at the Rose Garden)




Total (As of 8/12/2009)
Swim: 23,000 meters (15.33 miles)
Bike: 332.27 miles
Run: 1,157.88 miles

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

I was in the Portland area too last week! Yes, I love running and biking in new places. Good luck on your upcoming events and very cute photo of you two.