Monday, September 8, 2008

Tri for Your Cause

I was asked to join a Team for the Tri for Your Cause Triathlon on Saturday. It was spur of the moment and I was asked just a few days before. I didn't know the team, but one of my friends Chilly does. Here are the results:

Team Name: Banana Splits
(Anna, Jason and Eric)
Swim: 13:34
T1: 0:29
Bike: 1:04:15 (24.3mph)
T2: 0:21
Run: 24:12 (6:03/mile)
Total: 1:42:49.3

WOW!!! Very impressive. I did the run segment. I thought I was going to have the fastest run time total. I had the 3rd fastest time. Our team ended up 2nd or 3rd Overall. We finished 2nd, but the final results posted shows us 3rd.

My goal next year is to get faster on the run during Triathlons. I am great running by itself, but not in triathlons.

3 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, super fast on all segments! Weird about the race results, though.

KodaFit said...

Nicely Done!! I'm always a little surprised at some results... According to the results of a race I did in March, the winner average 79 mph on the bike. Now, I'm not saying he didn't, but in light of the headwind, the frigid temps and the fact that it was only on a bike...

Bob Almighty said...

Dude that run split is blazing!