Monday, February 25, 2008

Janus Charity Challenge

So here's the deal...as many of you know I wrecked my bicycle on May 1, 2007. I feel very lucky to be alive. I managed to walk away with a moderate concussion and a torn thumb ligament. I had surgery on my thumb at the end of May and I am fully recovered. My thumb still feels a little sore from time to time, but nothing that interferes with training.

Some days I cringe to think what could have happened if I was hit by a car or wasn't wearing a helmet.Since this unnerving ordeal, I have been in connection with the Challenged Athletes Foundation and have engaged in projects designed to better educate the community.

I am hosting an event for the Aurora Public Library titled: "From Tragedy to Triumph: In the Eyes of a Challenged Athlete". This is a free event to all and I encourage everyone who lives in the Denver area to come.

Who: Tricia Downing and the Denver Wheelchair Rugby Team.
Where: Aurora Central Library (14949 E Alameda Pkwy)
When: March 12th, 2008 at 6:00pm-7:30pm
Light Refreshments will be served.

I encourage everyone to come! It will be extremely motivational and educational.

I am officially on my quest towards the Couer d'Alene Ironman in June. Janus Captial Group has challenged all athletes currently training for an Ironman, to adopt their vision of enriching the lives of people in the community through a Charity Challenge. This involves fundraising for your charity of choice.

I am passionate about the mission of the Challenge Athlete Foundation and have set a personal goal to raise $500 for CAF.

It has always been hard for me to ask for money, but if you could donate just $10 or $20 this would greatly help the foundation. Please click on the link below to donate:

http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/cda08/ericgreene

Thank you for all your support and God Bless.


Eric Greene (Iron Eric)
http://www.ironeric.blogspot.com/

No comments: