Monday, January 7, 2008

Leaving Town

My Grandmother in South Carolina passed away last night. My family is leaving today and we are driving. The drive is about a 25 hour long drive. Yikes. My training is now put on pause. Ah...man...No swimming...not bicycling...

Well, my bike is in the shop for a tune up, so I wasn't going to ride it until at least Wednesday. I am extremely dedicated like many other triathletes. I am still not sure how much training I will get in. I might wake up extremely early and go running?? At least I can run and do my exercises.

My Grandma was awesome. I have many great fond memories of her and the times we traveled to South Carolina (at least 16 times). We went to places like Disneyland, Myrtle Beach, DC, and so many others. My grandma would always say "come give your grandma some sugar". She will be missed. I haven't cried yet...but I am sure it might be coming?

5 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I'm very sorry for your loss Eric.

ShirleyPerly said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Drive safe.

Tea said...

I'm so sorry. Be safe.

There's something about running that always bring the tears. I hope you have one of those cleansing runs.

Duane said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, have a safe trip.

Brent Buckner said...

My condolences. Glad you have so many good memories.